The Naked Heat Gun

In case you're wondering what we've been up to: the new toy is a heat gun which, if you manage to avoid burning the house down, does a nice job of taking old paint off stairs...




and the windows...


Ah, this is linseed putty. I had to take the photograph 'blind', just hanging the camera out of the window. So you can imagine how tricky it was to get the putty in there in the first place. I'm learning...



Here, I've just painted the outside bit of the frame, in a desperate bid to make the windows 'wintertight'. If you enlarge the photo, you can see the repair to the sill in the corner. Actually ended up putting a layer of putty (wow, the same word as in German) on top of the wood filler which I used before. I guess this will only have to last until we're doing the window 'properly', which means taking them out and stripping them completely (be afraid, be very afraid...).

Popular Posts