One step at a time

After spending 8 hours sanding the stairs, they looked like this:


And the dust... oh my! The loft looked as if a Sahara sandstorm had passed Kingston Road, but the OH cleaned it all off...
I decided to go with an Osmo product ('promotes healthy living', it says on the tin :-) ).

It's a mixture of oils and waxes, and dries to quite a hard, durable finish. The grain of the wood looks lovely. So far, I've only coated every other stair, as the drying time is 8 hours, and our bedroom is upstairs. Well, that was my ingenious idea to allow us to walk up and down the stairs or maybe as ingenious as I was able to be, after 8 hours of sanding. :-)

Edit: ok, on further investigation it looks like there are some things within the Osmo oil that I do not like. May have to remove and re-oil at some time in the future.

Popular Posts