Little oak table rescue centre

Here's another new arrival.

It had been left behind in the shed on the allotment.

At first, I didn't want it in the house (some signs of woodworm), but now that I've sanded it, cleaned it, oiled it with linseed oil and waxed it with a mix of linseed and beeswax, the little fella is so pretty that I couldn't help but give it a temporary home in our kitchen.

The OH thinks we need a 'one-in, one-out' policy now, like the people in the wonderful and inspirational Shoestring Lifestyle blog. She's the woman who provides the artwork for Victoriana, the nursery where I get most of my plants, trees, shrubs and seeds (including the asparagus plants).


It's a little bit wobbly, as the glue has loosened. The top is held in place with screws that I tried to unscrew, but failed to manage. Any tips for removing old rusty screws? I've tried the WD40 trick. 


Popular Posts