Dig - but how deep?

Yesterday, my lovely cousin was helping to dig. We got as far as the footing under the bedroom window (about 50 cm below previous ground level), and the footing under the kitchen (only about 25 cm below previous ground level).


I think we need to stop at that level - there do not seem to be any further foundations or bricks below this, so basically that is what the house is standing on. I will actually be infilling a little under the kitchen door again, as it is also dug out from the inside (remember the new mains water pipe).




The centre of this wall needs rebuilding somehow. I still have not ordered all the lime-based materials that we need from Wales-based company Ty-Mawr, but it is on my list.

On the positive / straightforward side, I found a much quicker way to knock off those kitchen floor tiles. It's quite fun, actually!



And I lifted some of the chipboard below it, to have a good look at the limecrete underneath. It is a shame it has to go. At some point it would have probably been tiled with quarry tiles. If people had not messed about with the covering, it may still be alright.

Popular Posts